Who doesn’t love beers and what better way to enjoy beers than by attending a Brew Festival? The great thing about beer festivals is trying out all the different styles of beer without having to worry about that 6 pack. Outdoor brew celebrations are perfect during the summer and you get the chance to enjoy delicious tasting beers with your friends, meet some of the coolest people that like beers just like you, and maybe even learn a thing or two. But is there anything you should know before attending these types of festivals? Planning ahead is never a bad thing, so how should you prep for such an occasion? Here are some tips and tricks on ways you can prepare to make the most out of your experience.
- Sleep is NOT for the weak. You are going to be on your feet a lot and not to mention DRINKING a lot as well. It is so common to be burnt out if you do not get enough energy so make sure to get plenty of rest before hand.
- Water, water, and more water. Drink lots of water because alcohol dehydrates you even if it is a cooler day.You can even clear your palate in between tastings! It’s a win win situation.
- You are winning, if you are eating! It is never a good thing to drink on an empty stomach. Eat prior to the festival and seek out delicious treats throughout the fest. This will also help cleanse your palette when sampling beverages.
- It’s a marathon, not a race. Start slow, you do not want to start chugging the first hour and then feel sluggish for the rest of the day. There is plenty of beer to go around so you have time to breathe a little. Grab that beer then another then another but don’t forget to pace yourself! Moderation is key, actually enjoy the beers instead of just chugging them
- If you are the designated drinker then you must have a designated driver! Whether you get an uber, call a taxi, take a bus or even ask your little brother to take you, make sure you have a safe driver at all times!
- Most importantly, Have fun! Do not over plan and go with the flow. There will also be long lines so do not get too frustrated. Be nice to the people serving you beer because they are working so you can have a good time! So get out there and have fun maybe learn a thing or two!
The NOS Brew Fest supports and promotes the ever growing craft brew culture by bringing the beer enthusiast community together through great craft beer, amazing country music, awesome food, and games! At the NOS We believe beer should be experienced with other beer lovers, keeping your old friends while making new ones.
For more information please visit: https://www.nosevents.com/upcoming-events/brew-fest/